Friday, February 29, 2008

Answer: 5-10 Minutes

Questions: How long will this take?

Those are five of the most dreaded words a photographer wants to hear. At this point, you know the meter's running and you have to work fast.

I had an assignment to photograph Craig Spohn, executive director of the Cyber Innovation Center in Northern Louisiana. They are currently housed at the Bossier Parish Community College while their new facilities are being built. Needless to say, the pickings were slim in terms of a location to shoot.

Luckily, I had gotten there an hour early and had time to scout, setup and do a few test pictures. I settled for a sign in the lobby and setup my lights.

After all this concern about time, Mr. Spohn showed up 15 minutes early. 

I made one test exposure and started shooting. I got a horizontal and a vertical photo to my liking and we were done. All in all, three and a half minutes of shooting from test exposure to last photo. Not the ideal scenario, but it worked. We were all content with the photos. But must importantly, I didn't keep him longer than the 5-10 minutes I told him it would take for the shoot.




No comments: