Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winchester, KY

It seems like this string of bad weather has been following me on my past few trips.

When half of your assignments are outdoors, you are constantly watching the weather channel or checking out weather.com.

I literally had about three hours of sunshine my entire week in Winchester. And it all came at once.

I was shooting a group portrait of Winchester's mayor, a judge and the superintendent of schools when I noticed the sun starting to pop through the clouds. I wrapped up the shoot as quickly as I could and threw my gear in the trunk. I jumped in my car and made a mad dash across Clark County. I tried to photograph as much as I could because I didn't know how long the sunlight was going to last.









As I was getting ready to photograph a martial arts class Monday night, I noticed an old theater across the street in downtown Winchester. It had a good-sized marquee and some cool neon lights. Unfortunately, I knew it had been shot for one of the previous magazines, so I looked for a different angle. I crammed myself against a Chevy Lumina parked on the side of the street and arched back as far as I could to get this shot.


No comments: