Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Long Live the Shrimp Buster

I just finished shooting in Shreveport, La., for the Business Images of Northwest Louisiana Magazine, the second half of my doubleheader in the great state of Louisiana.

First and foremost, if you are ever in Shreveport, you have to go to Herby K's. Drop whatever you're doing, postpone he wedding and go have lunch and/or dinner there. It's that good.

The restaurant is one of, if not the, longest running family restaurants in Shreveport. They opened their doors in 1936 and have been at the same location on Pierre Avenue ever since.

Their claim to fame is the "Shrimp Buster," fried butterflied shrimp served on french bread along with their famous buster sauce. Very good eating.

You really can't go wrong on the menu though. Try the crawfish etouffee. It's incredible. I also had an oyster poboy, their onion rings and the gumbo; all very good.

The etouffee is my favorite by far.


Herby K's



The Shrimp Buster



The Etouffee and Gumbo Sampler



While in Shreveport, I managed to work in two visits to Herby K's. I'm kicking myself for not making it there more often. Besides visiting Herby K's, I did do a little work while I was there.
One of the stories I worked on was at the Mardi Gras Museum in Bossier City. The museum has an impressive display of costumes and floats.









I also had assignments to photograph venture capitalist Ross Barrett and businesses found at the Port of Shreveport-Bossier.








No comments: