Monday, March 24, 2008

Moving Pictures

I've been asked to start shooting video on my trips for Journal Communications. I guess it's one of those things that was bound to happen sooner or later. I think most photographers dread the day when they have to juggle a still camera and a video camera on a shoot. What I dread most is the day when I get asked to take a video camera and have to leave the still camera behind.

My first official video shoot was on my last trip to Monroe. La. I didn't have any idea what I was doing. I'd never really shot video before. Not to mention, I also had to get some still shots as well.

I was fortunate though, I had a really cool subject in Kenny Solley. You can see some of the still photos in a previous post.

I loaded all of my gear onto his 4-wheeler and we tore off through the neighborhood and into the woods. We set up in a little area down from Kenny's house where he and a buddy go to hunt.

Kenny was all decked out in his camouflage gear, complete with his shotgun and a bag of decoys. I was just waiting for the game warden to show up at this point and lock both of us up, seeing how duck season had been over for about three months.

Well, the game warden never showed and I think we managed to get a decent video for my first time. I just hope the rest are this easy.



No comments: