Monday, June 2, 2008

Coastal Georgia Part 2

I'm on the last day of my month-long odyssey and trying to make my way home to Nashville. Unfortunately, I've hit the Atlanta-area at rush hour and figured it was best to wait it out at a Starbucks as opposed to sitting in traffic.

Luckily, this gives me time to make a new post.

Here are a few scenic shots from my trip to the Georgia coast for the Business Images of the Coastal Georgia Region magazine.

A group of pedicabs cruises around one of the squares in downtown Savannah.




I hiked up the Tybee Island Lighthouse not once, but twice. That's what happens when you leave a lens in your car.

There are 178 steps in the lighthouse. I cussed at every last one of them, especially the second time around.





Tourists on River Street in downtown Savannah.




City Hall in Savannah.




The shrimp po boy at Marianne's Sterling's Southern Cafe in St. Marys, GA. You gotta stop by this place if you're in the neighborhood. St. Mary's is on the southern tip of the Georgia coast near Jacksonville, FL.




Jim Bacote works on a sweetgrass bowl in front of the Geechee Kunda Cultural Arts Center in Riceboro, GA.


No comments: