Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dude, Where's my Cow?

It’s not everyday that you see a man walking his buffalo along main street. But that’s exactly what I saw as I was driving through Bandera, TX, on my to the Dixie Dude Ranch.

After I saw Len “Buffalo” Early and his 15-month-old Buffalo Lakota, I careened into the first available parking space and jumped from my car. I’m not sure it had stopped yet as I grabbed my camera from the trunk. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning and this was a truly a gift.

Turns out it’s not that unusual to find Early and Lakota out on a Saturday afternoon. They’re hired guns in the town of Bandera, known as the “Cowboy Capital of the World.”

Every Saturday the Frontier Times Museum sponsors “Cowboys on Main,” where real cowboys greet visitors to the little town about an hour northwest of San Antonio.












No comments: