Saturday, May 8, 2010

All A-Flutter with Flies Made of Butter



Most of my trips for Journal Communications now are repeats. They’re places I’ve been to in the past and am now on my second or third visit. Each time you visit these communities, you start to learn more and more about them. You also start to find the hidden gems. Those spots that are a little out of the way or even hidden in plain sight.


A few weeks ago, I got to make my third trip to Danville, VA, for the Images of Danville/Pittsylvania County, VA Magazine.


I found a few new things. (New to me because I haven’t taken pictures of them yet.) But, I also hit one of my favorite spots as well.


It’s the Butterfly Garden at the Danville Science Center. If you visit the museum, you may not see the garden on first glance. It’s a little hidden, tucked back behind a caboose near the train tracks that run behind the museum. (Part of the museum is in an old renovated railway station that is also home to the Amtrak station.)


The garden opened its wings to the public back in 1999 and has been educating and entertaining visitors ever since.

No comments: