Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hitchhiker's Travel Guide to the North Carolina Galaxy


This time of year brings a level of excitement and anticipation that knows no bounds. 

But I’m not talking about the excitement that surrounds the jolly old fat man that makes his rounds on Christmas Eve. I’m talking about the North Carolina Travel Guide.

I’ve been fortunate enough to work on the travel guide for the past few years and always can’t wait until it’s finally unveiled. With a photo deadline around July, it’s about five or six long months before I can see my work in print. That’s five or six excruciatingly long months.

When you consider that most of our magazines have at most a three month turn around time from when the photographs are taken to when they show up in the magazine, that’s a long time. If you think about it, that’s almost three years in dog years.

But, it’s always worth the wait.

Check it out here.

No comments: