Friday, January 7, 2011

Zoom, Zoom in the Zoo City






Anybody who knows me, knows I'm quite a geek when it comes to gear. So it will come as no surprise that I bought a new toy to play with.

I got a GoPro HD camera a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to try it.

Fortunately for me, I had an assignment to take pictures at Zoo City Motor Sports Park in Asheboro, NC. The park was built by Barry Maness to host motocross events and attracts riders from up and down the east coast.

When I got to the track, Barry was kind enough to point me in the direction of Steve York and his son Eden. Eden is starting out in motocross and agreed to take my GoPro for a spin during one of his races. It you watch to about the 1:13 mark, you'll see Eden and the camera soar through the air on one of the jumps.

No comments: