Saturday, October 13, 2012

Keep on Food Truckn'

2080512THB0462

 

 

On a recent trip to Columbia, SC, I spent a good part of my week checking my Twitter feed. I wasn’t looking for people’s updates, thoughts or random observations. I was stalking the food trucks.

 

Twitter and Facebook are where they’re at. Or at least that’s how they let you know where they’ll be come lunchtime.

 

Over the past few years, food trucks have started popping up in the South. I know, we’re a little bit behind the times, but it was well worth the wait. And we’re not talking food trucks that hawk hotdogs and jumbo pretzels. These are restaurants on wheels.

 

You’ll find the trucks scattered around town for the lunch crowd. They even have a habit of popping up late at night for the bar crowd. Whether it’s mouth watering burgers, gourmet barbecue, shrimp poboys or stuffed chicken wings, you can make it a week bouncing from food truck to food truck. And if there’s a big event in town, you might have the problem of deciding between a parking lot full of trucks.

 

If Columbia had food trucks when I moved away back in 2005, it might have been hard for me to leave.

 

2080811THB1208

 

2080811THB1132

 

2080811THB1163

 

2080811THB3083

 

2080512THB1815

 

No comments: