Saturday, April 24, 2010

Moooooo’ve it on Over




This is another of one of those drive-by pictures. I’m not sure if it’s the ten years I spent hunting for feature photos at my newspaper jobs or what. But sometimes I can’t drive down the road without scanning the area for potential photos. The worst part is when you see something that would make a great picture and the only camera on hand is the one attached to your cell phone.


I was on my way to take pictures at White’s Mill in Abingdon, Virginia, when I saw these cows hanging out on the side of the hill eating. I pulled over and waited rather impatiently for them to work their way around so they were both on the ridge line. This created a distinct separation between their silhouettes and the hill.


If you look really hard, you’ll see the third cow in the photo that wasn’t quite as cooperative as the other two. That one’s definitely not on my Christmas list for next year.

No comments: