Friday, February 1, 2008

Cooking with Karin

I always enjoy shooting food with my friend Karin Calloway.

For me, it's an excuse to go see old friends and to get the Hell out of Dodge.

Karin and I have been working together for over eight years. It's kind of hard to imagine that. We produce a food column for Viking. She does all the hard work: creates the recipes, cooks all of the food and does all the styling. I just pop into town, take a couple of pictures with my light-capturing box and I'm gone like the wind.

After doing this for eight years, we kind of have it down to a science.

We keep the shoots as simple as possible. I try not to use lights unless it's absolutely necessary. Most of the time it's a little window light, a couple of fill cards and a tripod. Nothing too complicated.

Here's a few photos from a recent shoot.





No comments: